Currently, Google Penguin Update is being a sizzling stuff in the SEO world. The related topic is referred to the words Matt Cutts (Head of Google Web spam Team) where in an announcement over the Penguin Update, Matt said:
“While we can’t divulge specific signals because we don’t want to give people a way to game our search results and worsen the experience for users, our advice to the webmasters is to focus on creating high quality websites that create a good user experience and employ WHITE HAT SEO METHODS instead of engaging in aggressive web spam tactics”.
However, our endeavor is to make you able to comprehend, ‘What a Google Penguin Update is about’ and how to recover from it.
What is Google Penguin Update?
Penguin Update is an amendment to Google search results. The intention behind this update is to wipe out merely web spam not SEO. According to early analysis, Anchor text assortment and link relevancy are two foremost causes for the birth of Penguin Update. It is put into practice on 24th April 2012 to punish those pages that spam Google. Spam generates when a webmaster/website owner perform some techniques like: cloaking, black hat SEO techniques, adding large amount of keywords on Meta tags, title tags, page content, anchor text & link building etc. which is also known as unnatural Links. Revealing sort of unnatural links or negative SEO that we should aware of:
- Buying Links from Other Websites: Some website owners buy a huge amount of links from same IP or non-authoritative domains for a precise term such as “Green Chilies”, with that exact matching anchor text, which is, against Google’s regulation.
- Spammy User Name/Commenting for Link: Some websites strive to unnaturally rank for explicit keyword like the use of spammy user name (ABC SEO company) reminiscent of exact match text or comment spam i.e. signatures in comments that contained exact match anchor text, that, also counts as a crime in Google’s law.
- Guest Posts: Even though guest posts are the justifiable approach to earn links, Penguin chimed sites that have links with low quality articles where the focus was on the anchor text rather than the content.
- Bad Links: Links from dangerous sites that have been raised for rich pop-ups, malware, or other spammy issues are known as bad links. Its being one of the factors because of which websites loses their Google rankings.
Such kind of actions violates Google’s guidelines. To know more, go through with the pages:
- Google Webmaster Guidelines
- SEL’s SEO Guide: Violations & Search Engine Spam Penalties
How do I recover?
As it is already mentioned that Penguin Update is about targeting spam, consequently, it is obliged to confiscate any spam you might have. Here are some tips to recover from penguin attack:
- Users should make alterations to their websites or remove link profiles from spammy web sites and sites from the same IP network in order to recover with this problem.
- Remove spammy Meta tags, title tags anchor texts from your website.
- Submit reconsideration at Google’s Webmaster tool and wait patiently.
- Once Google go through with your website, you can continue your seo work with natural SEO & always follow Google’s guidelines.
What to do if Google caught you by mistake?
If erroneously Google has flagged your site as spam than use the new Penguin Feedback Form. Our advice is not to blame Google for such issues, while, reporting errors. Make them sure about the quality of your site and what’s being missed by searchers instead of focusing on how much traffic or business you’re losing.
No website would bring into light without SEO. So, don’t panic to get the top rank in the SEO but serenely judge the way, you adopt, to boost the traffic on your website without engaged into negative SEO.